Friday, February 13, 2009


I think that we hear bad stories so often via the media that we forget that really most people have the biggest hearts. the kindest thoughts and care for all around them. Never have I felt so proud to be part of humankind than now - watching how we pull together to help out others whose lives have been forever changed by the bushfires that have raged through Victoria - it makes me feel inspired - a reminder that little people on mass can make big change. The world really is united in common goals based on love and will shine at the drop of a hat. I have been so sad watching the footage, hearing of former colleagues losing their homes but most teary at how much people give so effortlessly to help people in their dark hours.

Head to Handmade Help for a few avenues to offer a little help. I promise it will make your heart sing and give you a few options to make you feel a little less helpless and a little more connected.

1 comment:

tam said...

My heart goes out to all that have been affected by the terrible fires! But it is amaing how wonderful, kind, and giving people can be during times like this! Thanks for that post with the link-I am going to go right over there now! Hope you have awesome weekend!~Smiles~Tam!