Monday, March 19, 2012

Peony with Dahlia

Hot of the back of my lisette sewalong effort, I am in the zone.  Keen to go back to back on the couture for moi.  So after delivering the wee girl to kindergarden this morning, all packaged up so cute in her school uniform and topped with a red satin ribbon, the boys and I perused the op shops on the way home.  How convenient that they just happen to be at the end of my street?  Stop one ... two lovely books that sparked a cheeky wee idea for this round of birthdays coming up in May (my smalls birthdays are the 23,24,25 of May - madness or rather genius if you consider that two of them are twins)... oh and I put an ACE sewing desk on hold .. to pick up tomorrow!! Stop two ... just the gear I needed for the practice run of Colette's Peony dress.
After hankering after one of her patterns for a while, I was a little bit stoked to find them stocked at Milkbar.  Not just coffee there, my friends.  I found this linen-look pink fabric (near on 5m!) this morning.  Perfect for my first whirl.  I suspect it's a cotton/poly ... but it is super soft and has a nice drape which will allow me to see how I go.

Plus, it's pink.  Not my thang exactly, but the wee girl will wet her pants.

Oh, and I grew that dahlia.  Not the roses.  I stole those out of Loz's garden.  If you know me you know that THAT is my thang.

2 comments:

eve and the apple tree said...

Oooh cute pattern! I might have to swing by, with my tracing paper and sneak a copy. You would also know that to be my thang, coven sister xxx

Yana said...

wow, how did you manage to have twins with separate birthdays? awesome! and your op-shop trip sounds so successful! i have that pattern and looking forward to trying it. looking forward to seeing your peony dress and your thoughts on it.