Sunday, May 2, 2010

Autumn

The days are getting shorter and the shadows longer and a chill has returned to the air heralding that winter is lurking around the corner. Time to nest and snuggle; to bunker down and enjoy the beautiful warm sunny days and the chilly autumn nights - perfect for pyjama couch action and lap rugs. To marvel at impossibly Enid Blytonesque toad stools at local parks - that make you prod them to make sure someone hasn't just popped a ceramic folly to trick you.and to wonder at a growing belly that has seen you through to 35 weeks and will hopefully hang in there for a couple more!
... and already missing your sister as she sails back to Melbourne. More on that visit soon xx

7 comments:

Tania said...

The toadstool thing grabbed my attention but then I can't go beyond the wonderment that is that belly pic (and the fact that you stand so excellently straight). Now. Back to the couch action in jim jams if you please...

Fer said...

There's been such a fine display of toadstools this autumn, although I haven't seen any fairy rings... yet!

Sorry I didn't see you at Brown Owls. I hear that the words 'Ikea' and 'flat pack kitchen' may have kept you away! (plus seeing your sister!!) :)

Recycled Relix said...

Hey Gemma, I love the photo of your belly.... it is gorgeous.... glad to hear it is all going well. Nice for you to spend time with your sister and cute photo of her and Edie. Make sure you do rest.... calm before the storm ... you know....

Fran said...

Gemma that silhouette is simply beautiful! As is the toadstool - I didn't know they really looked like that :)

Fingers crossed for afew more weeks but you've done a darn fine job getting to that!!

Rachael said...

Look at your tummy! I love it! I still have mine (with baby inside) and at this rate, we may well be delivering at the same time. Babe is in no hurry - we are at odds already because I am. xxx

PS - I am still struggling here with names...

Ellie said...

Oh you have done so well. Congrats on making the 35 week mark.

Take care of yourself and I look forward to hearing all about their safe arrival.

Isis said...

the toad stool action has been awesome lately, hasn't it?