Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Wee Gal Turns 3



The wee gal turns three today. So hard to grasp that she has been turning our world on its ear for three whole years. Last Saturday we had the birthday party complete with friends, park and requested pink horsey cake and horsey pinata. Dunc and I stayed up to midnight perfecting the cake... parental dedication at the fore when driven by guilt that possible arrival of newborn gatecrashers could rain on birthday parades. We thought we better have a 'just in case' party - before the date - in case the babies decided to appear. But we have made it to the actual day - so after a lovely morning of opening presents jetted down from the interstate fam ... we have partaken in fish and chips and a text book sponge birthday cake by Loz. Edie is confused 'What you mean I get two birthdays??'. Don't get used to used to this kind of treatment, man! So now I am just keeping my legs crossed so I don't have to commit myself to a lifetime of three birthdays on one day... because that would be a little outrageous, non? So in answer to your possible questioning ... as of now I am still firmly up the duff... although a weird old man's shuffle complete with comfy trackies and cardi are all I can muster. Aaaaaah pregnancy - so glamorous, so chic and given the veritable road map of stretch marks that almost meet my decollage - I'm guessing my agent won't be lining me up with a shoot in the Bahamas for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. Such is life. I'm OK with that.

8 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Happy Birthday Edie !!! That looked like a great party and I'd have chosen a pink horsey cake too !

And congratulations to you for hanging on long enough for her to have her big day center stage .
Middle Daughter managed to have her son on his father's birthday and just two days before her own . Balloons , streamers and tooters everywhere and enough cake to feed Britain !

Isis said...

hmmm... what is the special date 9 months ago?!

Tania said...

Mate, you are my prego hero. I'm impressed you're managing any verticality at all. Happy birthday excellent Edie. (I can tell there's excellence just from the pics).

red bamboo said...

That's got to be one of the best 'happy' grins ever!! And now... onto the next adventure/s...

Bec said...

Too cute! Happy birthday Edie :) I am totally wowed by that cake, lovely!

JasperBoy said...

Hi Gemma, gee I can see your features there in Edie's face. Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.

Jen in Melbourne

christine said...

What a gorgeous cake for the big birthday girl! Hope there's not too much of a wait for the newest arrivals - put those feet up while you can! x

Fer said...

Happy Birthday Edie! She's such a cool dude. :)

Hey, if wearing the daggy clothes makes you comfy then who are we to criticise? Give it a year and the swimsuit will be yours once again!