1. I have a tendency to call people 'darl' and 'lovely'. (It comes from having been a highschool drama teacher where you have every year 7 and 8 student for one hour a week and the need to learn 200 names in 2 weeks so you can avoid the 'hey you there' turns to desperation...it seems to have spilled into the outside world...)
2. I drive a 1965 HD Holden 'Harriet'. If I had of bought the car in 1965 at the age I am now - I would now be 80.
3. I love doing cryptic crosswords.
4. When we lived in Sydney - we lived in an amazing art deco flat still managed by our 90 year old landlord (he lived upstairs) - So how does this make me 80?? The clincher was that the flat came with membership to the randwick bowls club ... we would regularly cross the road to wet our whistles with beer at 1972 prices and enjoy a good chat with the oldies. Which brings me to it ... I believe beer tastes better in a pony.
5. I love what we like to call 'Depression Fare' - recipes that were meant to get us through the lean war years but have kind of stuck ... bread and butter pudding, rice pudding, weird ass slices made with copha, mock blueberry pie, mock fish, mock anything really... however, I put a stop at offal and will not be seen tucking into a cheeky plate of tripe.
6. I knick 'cuttings' from people's gardens (but they are hanging over the fence - so technically they're fair game ... right?
7. In certain situations and with certain outfits - there is nothing wrong with big underpants - particularly when they keep the small of your back warm.