Monday, November 10, 2008

Introducing...

Meet Muriel. She made her stunning debut at Evandale Market this Sunday. She is the first of a growing family - soon to be six sisters! She took a few serious nose dives in the very windy weather but once weighted down she modelled her apron with aplomb! She may be made of ply and dowell but this girl is no shop dummy. She is no 'make me a supermodel'. She is made. By Duncan. He is one mean guy when armed with a jigsaw. Pinocchio has nothing on Muriel.So Evandale...Vee of The Purple Finch and I shared a stall (and some tasty snacks) and managed to stop our stuff being blown away to Oz. Edie also got a little treat - a gorgeous Owl softie which she has been cuddling and saying 'hoo hoo' ever since. We were so lucky to be across from the most glorious maker of cupcakes, rocky road and other goodies - Mrs G ... I can recommend the turkish delight cupcake and the rocky road was die for - I mean I dream of it. I'm a rocky road kinda gal. Sorry I don't have a link.

Thanks to those who swung by with lovely words and those who took something home x This weekend it's off to the Civic Homespun Market - check out the right hand side bar for details!

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

It all looks so beautiful!

tam said...

I think Muriel did a terrific job her first day-huh? Very cool idea!
Sounds like you had a fun day!
I made some little softie owls and my grand daughter who is almost three calls them who who's, I tried to get her to call them owls but nope she wouldn't have it-they are who who's to her-don't ya just love what the little darlings say? I love watching them use their imaginations!
~Tam

Mrs Smith said...

you're terrible Muriel.

Well done Duncan and Gemma. Hope lots of people took your lovelies home with them. How's that Etsy shop coming? Want me to help you set it up? You probably don't need my help - a clever thing like you!

I'll see you at the Civic homespun if not before.

Fiona said...

Muriel looks divine, I am very excited about the Civic market I hope it is supported well by locals. We need more of this sort of thing.

red bamboo said...

Hey Gem, looking forward to coming down there and joining you more and more. Muriels goodies look awesome and I can imagine there were some temper tantrums from littlies wanting to take both of your stuff home with them!

Liesl said...

I hear that Muriel is a bit two dimensional!

She looks fabulous modelling the apron - what a great idea. Look forward to seeing her siblings.