...and since Dunc is on holidays, we have been attacking our back yard. It is a bit of a saga - but lets just say 30cm deep compacted road base on black plastic covering the whole back yard meant the only form of digging that is going to happen is with a dingo digger thingame bob (cat). But we can smell the garden beds and vegies...soon, my friends, soon.
But how sweet is this ... Jen over at Pretty Little Pictures just gave me this wee award. Her blog is gorgeous - she makes very cool clothes and has all lovely vintage things, gush, gush. So I have to
1. list 6 things that make me happy 2. Pass the award onto other kreative bloggers (making sure you leave a comment to tell them) 3. link back to the person who gave you the award.
1. Cooking up a storm for friends and then eating together - good food, good conversation and laughter - food of the gods, my friends.
2. Surprises - I love a good surprise - Dunc once steamed open a pack of my favourite chocolate ginger, hid a pair of gorgeous green amber earrings in there, resealed it and then posted it to me for an Easter when we were apart. I stumbled on them when I had sat down with the intention of mowing the entire bag of chocolate in one sitting over a cup of tea.
3. Hearing Edie's new words. Her brain must expand during the night - first thing in the morning she comes out with a couple of new words. This morning it was 'soft' as she stroked my skin - beautiful!
4. Feeding the creative part of your soul. It is only when I take that part of me off the back burner and allow it to be, that I realise that something important was missing.
5. Having a good belly laugh.
6. Feeling like a small part of the bigger picture. I love feeling connected to my community and my world. Things can go horribly wrong and there may much that is horrible on this planet but what is amazing, is that when you start investing in creating joy, respect and love around you it seems to come back to you from some of the most unlikely places...tenfold.
Oh and Claire also passed on this cool little tag - Go to the closest book to you, not necessarily the book you have just read, or your favourite, but the closest. Turn to page 56 and copy out the 5th line, followed by the next 2 to 5 lines.
Sitting next to me, on my desk is Florence Broadhurst: Her secret and extraordinary lives by Helen O'Neill. Page 56 is a picture of her beautiful Arabian Birds wallpaper so I'll go to 57...'She announced that she wanted to become Australia's Ambassadress and launched a competition to find a national dress. The press lapped it up.'
The woman was a chameleon and a true eccentric and her approach to design and business whilst out there really does inspire you take your passion and to just get out there and get amongst it. I would love to see what Jen is reading...
It's been a long entry but an overdue one...now to get amongst it xx