Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Dress

We headed into town today and decided to test drive a new hat, or rather bonnet. It wasn't quite finished but it matched Edie's outfit so it got a run. In the mall there are these cushions. They talk. I know. They say stuff like "Ouch" and "Get off me". It doesn't seem to work with the children playing there. In my observations it seems to spur them onto greater and greater acts of cruelty toward the cushions .. you know .. hard core jumping and stomping combined with maniacal laughter. Small people scare me sometimes.Anyways, Dunc went on Edie watch when we got home and that gave me time to finish a dress that's been sitting on my desk for yonks. It's for winter. It's a prototype. I used bibs and bobs from my stash. I had to settle for brown ribbon ... I'd wanted to pick one of the chirpier colours from the fabric...but...I am so happy with it, in a 1970s kinda way.

I think the hat is a bit much with this outfit ... she's a little too little house on the prairie ... what do you think?


But she is still my beautiful girl and any model that is happy to be paid in biscuits, makes this Mumma happy xx




8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Awwwww that's so sweet! It is a bit little house on the prairie with the bonnet too, but that was my favourite show when I was little so of course, I love it.

Bec said...

Ooooh, that dress is just so divine. Really really pretty. And so is the hat!...although it's funny that neither the dress or the hat on their own made me think of The Little House on the Prairie, but together they sure do! She's pulls the prairie look off very well though. Hey, she may just be starting the next new toddler trend!!!

D said...

I'm with Curlypops, and Dunk on baby duty.

Sew On Sista!!

My friend in melbs LOOOOVED your dresses, BTW. The fussy Italians haven't commented yet ... could go either way with that Armani-set-entire-nation of dressers.

Are you and D and E up for the Garden Party on Jan 25th??

tam said...

Sooo cute! Loved the bonnet and you make some darling dresses your girl is so lucky to have you for her mom! :D

Finki said...

So gorgeous, wish I could get a model that would work for cookies....(:

Bek said...

Your dresses are all lovely! Your little model is very sweet too! This is my first visit to your blog and i have enjoyed looking around. I'll be back!

Fiona said...

Oh this is so cute Gemma, yes a little house on the prairie ish but hey that is a lovely change from the terrible around now that has 3 yr olds looking like Brittany Spears. LOL

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh man, she is soooooo sweet. LOVE the dress, it is divine, love the fabric and I think the choc ribbon works. The bonnet is sweet.


But the model is my favourite. SO DARN CUTE!