Thursday, August 13, 2009

Don't Bag a Hippy


Bags for pressies. Bags for the Library. Mini Man Bags for wee boys who miss out. Mini shoulder bags. I'm really into bags at the moment. In fact I have 4 laid out on my living room floor as I type. I should be sewing them up - but have come over all blog neglect remorseful. I find the bag ticks and tickles all my crafty needs at the moment. Infinite combos and possibilities. Useful purpose. Fairly quick to whip up. Recycled fabric goodness. All eco friendly like, hippy. That's it ... I'm getting in touch with my inner hippy, Neil. I'm flippy and floppy on the universal love thing. It's just dawned on me, like the Age of Aquarius ... I also had the burning desire to cook lentils whilst working on some libray bags when crafting it up at my kitchen table with the Craft Princess. Ommmmm! Bags ... who would have thought...

5 comments:

Mrs Smith said...

What are you gong to do Neil, photosynthesize? - my favourite Young Ones moment.

Nice bags.

willywagtail said...

Aaah. So that is why I love making bags, especially out of recycled or unorthodox materials. I always knew I had a hippy lurking in there somewher. Lucky I am not that old though. Cherrie

JasperBoy said...

Hi Gemma,

I've been impatiently waiting for you to post!! Lucky you filled my computer screen with your lovely bags!!!

I shared this info over at Black Eyed Susie, but I wanted to share it with you too. I helped a friend with her stall at Magnolia Square in Melbourne last weekend; whilst there I got to meet Harriet from D&D which was lovely to have that Tassie connection and after we were chatting for a bit, she asked if I was 'Jen from Melbourne?'.... Yes!!

Jen in Melbourne

PS - Harriet had some kind words to say about you :)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I love the Violet bag , and that's not even my name . In fact , I must be a closet hippy ... I love them all !

Fer said...

Bags rule. I was admiring them at the market last Saturday too.

Boomshanka. Love Neil.