Saturday, August 1, 2009

the market - hobart

Ok Ok. So I haven't been the most consistent blogger of late. But I have excuses a plenty. Let's put the 2 year old molars to one side and just say ... I have been deep in market preparation. I'm heading to the market - hobart. I will be touting my wares from 10-3pm at the Masonic Hall, Sandy Bay Rd, Hobart. ... and I am STOKED to say I will have company. Loz arrived here last week. So not only did she help me in my race to the market finish line, she is able to hang out on the stall with me. I am so happy that I have been able to get together some of the things I have just been thinking about for ages.
This one has a little covered button with a bee on the back ... that's his flight path you see. The little tulips are also pockets.
This amazing vintage velvet (thanks Annie)inspired these fabric choices for the gorgeous little Simone dresses. With sleeves and without - I love these dresses. They look so cool with a skivvy underneath too.




Armed with some purses and hair clips, library bags, amongst my other dresses, bits and pieces, I'm feeling more prepared than I have in ages. The 2.5 hour drive to hobart will be the relaxing bit! I should be back on board next week with more exciting tales to tell xx

11 comments:

JasperBoy said...

Yay your back! Some pics of the library bags please....

Jen in Melbourne

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Much as I love my grandson , I need a grandaughter as well , I see . You can't buy them on Etsy , can you ?
I'll have to hope that one day soon ( violins ) I'll need to buy one of your adorable little dresses .
Good luck with the market !

Jenny said...

The dresses and that little coat are adorable. Very 60s inspired and would look good in miniature on my dolls.
Good luck at the market.

Kelly said...

Good luck with the markets. Everything looks lovely :)

D said...

hi gemma,
nice to see your wares, and how nice to have your mum in town. hope the market went well!

see you soon,
xx
d

Fer said...

Oh wanty! I love the dresses, and the little 2 piece is to die for!

Have fun at the market, hope you have great success.

red bamboo said...

The green velvet worked out a treat - who would have thought it from such a humble beginning for the fabric!

Tania said...

Thank goodness! I was about to send out the search party. By crikey you have been busy. While I wasn't thinking you were floating about with a holidaying pina colada, I equally hadn't considered you were churning stuff out a la sweat shop. Well done Mrs. They look like hotcakes to me.

Trish Hunter said...

Ok I have never seen anything cuter in my life

Rachael said...

They are all stunning! Well done girl!

Georgia said...

Gorgeous Gem, gorgeous!!