Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I heart ...


On peering into my morning coffee this morning I spied a heart. A serendipidous discovery of chance. I asked the coffee maker had he perchance made it just for me. His 'no' suggested that he should have thought of doing that or at least lied and said he did.
But its appearance reminded me that I should be thankful for the wee joys that pop up unexpectedly through the day, gentle jogs to busy minds ... that the sound a heart makes according to Edie, is ticky boom, ticky boom, that wonderful fellow bloggers pull my name out of hats and crown me the winner of beautiful give aways (thanks Fran over at lovely little sweetpeas), that the magnolias in our wee suburb are just starting to bloom, that I get to hang out with Loz today and she no longer lives a million miles away and that the smell or freshly brewed coffee brings so much joy in this house ... what are your wee joys?

10 comments:

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

My wee joys? The sun on my feet. That I actually made a nice lunch for myself for once. That I cleaned out the fish tank. For once. That I am finally get organised. For once! Hooray! I love your heart. My local barista did a heart in mine a few weeks ago, so I told Matt that he must surely be in love with me. Matt didn't buy it.

Isis said...

What a lovely blog! making time for the small things is so imporant. right now i'm just enjoying having the house to myself, pottering about listening to my favourite radio station, admiring the cute new drawing i put up on the wall

x isis

Kylie said...

Love your wee joys! I had a coffee with a fellow-blogger this morning. So strange meeting people you feel you already know... and so very lovely when you realise that even though they are nothing like you'd imagined you still experience the same recognition of the 'good egg' you intuited via the Net. Does that make sense? More than just a wee joy I think :) K

CurlyPops said...

Wee joys for today - some bargains at the oppy, fruit and vegie shopping, lunch with SIL at a nice cafe, after school drop off for my nephew just in time for his mum to be pulling a raspberry cake out of the oven...bliss

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A thriving Basil plant on the window ledge to use lavishly .Installing the new printer cartridge faultlessly the first time . Actually finishing the crossword .
All minor miracles and not so minor joys !

JasperBoy said...

A sleep in (don't tell the boss!). A work day that didn't totally suck, even when my favourite desk buddy was away. A dry and windy day to get the towels dry. The cafe offering me cheese on my turkish bread sandwich and not wanting to charge me for it. A single girl's solo night out on the town at the Melbourne Pink concert. Coming home to an e-mail from Black Eyed Suse. A fresh Loz and Dinny blog post.

Jen in Melbourne

Fer said...

At the moment, and even though it's a bit stressful, is the possibility that my wee girl is cutting her first tooth. All the signs are there so who knows?!!

Lovely post. :)

Fran said...

Thanks for the mention Gemma, I've also tagged you in '5 things...'

Tania said...

You're just clever you are. And deserving of barista hearts most obviously.

(And I'm still clinging to afternoon sun snooze-lets on the trampoline).

www.danielamiotto.blogspot.com said...

Nice, Gemma!