Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Free to good home ...

This morning there was a loud knock at the door. Upon opening aforementioned door, this is what I found.Quel surprise! I called Dunc to 'come and have a look at this'. We both stood agog. Before you think we are 1. running some kind of baby racket 2. Live in a converted church or 3. Run a workhouse and feed children gruel before sending them off to make carpets in dark factories or 4. Are looking to expand our brood (cough, splutter, guffaw) ... this is my beautiful nephew... and hiding around the front of my house was his mother, my youngest sister... and in my family we LOVE surprises. Giving and getting... and this got me a doozy ... she's here for A WHOLE WEEK. Grand. Arlo welcomed his cousin in the best way he knows how ... STACKS ON!!!!!!!!


11 comments:

Ange Moore said...

That's hilarious! Enjoy the week with your sister and nephew - looks like the boys are going to have a great time hanging out!

Tania said...

WHAT A CORKER! And, seriously, a nice idea to have up the sleeve...(ahem).

hideyo. said...

what a hoot!

Tas said...

Love it. That is all-round fabulous.

eve and the apple tree said...

Brilliant! My goodness he looks a lot like Arlo!

Tanya Murray said...

Love that sense of humour

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh , what a shame ... You've only got him on loan .
Family visits are the best ! Hope you all have a wonderful time , manage to eat your body-weight in biscuits and talk nonstop .

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Brilliant, that really started my day off with a smile! And they are both gorgeous!!

Ames and Tash said...

Hilarious! Your family sounds like fun :)

Mrs Smith said...

I thought it was Arlo! You crazy Carters crack me up'

Fer said...

That's so cool. ♥