Monday, April 13, 2009

escape


I am stoked. I have had the perfect Easter break - and it's still breaking. This post comes with a warning - I could gush everywhere. It could seep through my keyboard. It could trip my clipsal. I'm finding it hard not to be all cheesy. It's hard because I just feel like donning the Kaftan, sticking some flowers in my hair and getting all peace, love and happiness about it. We have even had the 'let's by a kombi camperwagon' discussion this weekend. It all started Thursday night when we responded to a 'come and stay at our beach shack' invite from these lovely folk . We packed up the car and headed out of the city to Binalong Bay - Bay of Fires - the spot recently voted 'the world's hottest travel destination - 2009' by the Lonely Planet. That's not why we went - but I like to keep my posts highly educational, at times. There is something about the coast that instantly relaxes me. It's my West Australian upbringing. The sea air. The sound of the waves. I'm transported. Two nights and days of good company, lovely conversation and happy beach bummed little girls was almost too much for my tiny mind to cope with. Sam and Dunc did an early Easter Egg hunt for the girls. We hung out on the beach. We built sandcastles, collected shells and paddled. I had A NAP. Suse and I even busted out sans enfants and trawled the local bric a brac stores and the St Helen's Market. I kept thinking I had forgotten something not having to look out for the girl. Who can explain why physically getting away from 'it' rejuvenates and pushes that reset button? Thank you so much Suse, Sam and Chloe - for inviting us xxx We headed home on Sat night - we had an Easter Brunch planned for Sunday.... and now I feel like I have to again don the tie died flares and wooden beads. The invite was vague to say the least ...
Bring: Everything. The hostess can't be trusted. She will no doubt throw some nibblies together but they will be of the trailer park trash variety - we are going away and only returning the night before so no promises will be made on quality.We'll crank the BBQ and you can chuck whatever you desire on. But make sure you bring some Easter Eggs for the hunt - we'll herd the wee ones inside and then chuck some in the garden then let them loose outside. Hopefully they will do the same for us... but you never can tell how much the sugar rush will play with their tiny minds.
It's a laid back affair and hopefully sunny - pass the invite on to anyone who might be at a loose Easter end or thinks that it is a better offer and may cancel their other plans.
Tell me if you are coming though. I may need to plan some paper cups or something.
Our house and garden bursted at the seams with folk large and small, with chocolate eggs and homemade sweet stuff. The BBQ cranked with brunch food goodness. The teapot got a work out and people sipped from tea cups fossicked from garage sales. And we talked and laughed and ate and I just felt enormously blessed that I have fallen into a life that makes you feel like you fit. Happy Easter everyone - hope the bunny found you xxx

5 comments:

Melinda said...

What a lovely post. Well done.

D said...

snap.
maybe you and dunks might want to come over to see J's kombi projects ...
000, yes, the fine fine fine east coast of tasmania has also sent a kombi call to our ears.

kombi = tasmanian high-life, we propose.

thanks for a beautiful weekender on sunday.

Bec said...

Your Easter sounds perfect!!! We also had a soul-nourishing break, even though we actually stayed at home this year. But we did host an Easter Sunday breakfast that sounds very much like the brunch you put on!! Nothing like having the reset button pushed eh? Cheers, Bec XX

red bamboo said...

We were very happy to be a small part of your glorious Easter Eggstravaganza!! Looking forward to getting out to Binalong as we keep hearing about it...

Dick and Dora said...

Isn't Binalong Bay the best place on earth?! Looking forward to meeting you at Niche, have heard such lovely things from Selena.