Friday, May 1, 2009

Niche is a coming xx

OK .. so it's been a little while since I've posted ... but I have an excuse -I have been chained to my sewing machine in sweat shop conditions. Occasionally someone slips me a glass of water - or Dunc places chocolate directly in my mouth so I don't get stuff on my dresses. But it's all for Niche this weekend. I'm thinking after that I can kick back a little? Anyways - this is some of the aforementioned stuff that will be at the market - I will post something of greater interest, wit and humour soon - for now - this is my very, very best.

Edie's in the red winter dress at the top ... she has her cute wee Black Eyed Susie clip in her hair... the dress also comes in other fabrics and colours including this guy below...

Then this lovely vintage fabric I got from etsy arrived in the nick of time ... so I thought I'd go with some more library bags ... (warning - average photo follows!)

Then the Blythe dress gets a red and blue makeover with a little vintage fabric pocket.

...and those of you who know me may be a little surprised that there is a pink(ish) dress on the menu ... not usually a fan but then I had this beautful pink and brown damask and thought I would be a pink person crowd pleaser...

Shameless pre-market plug, I know... but come anyway - for the other stuff ... Sat and Sun 10-4pm - 20% of everything you buy and 100% of what you get wrapped goes to St Giles - it will be retail feel goodness for you

11 comments:

tam said...

Just adorable! Fantastic work for a sweet shop~LoL! Seriously beautiful dresses-I love them all! Good luck sister!~Tam:D

Tania said...

Well I missed you, for one! But obviously sweatshop conditions suit. Those dresses are sublime. Not sure I would be able to part with any - including the pink so-called crowd pleaser.

willywagtail said...

These are gorgeous. I especially love the blythe dress. Cherrie

Megan said...

Lovely dresses all. Have a great time at Niche this weekend.

eve and the apple tree said...

looking fabulous gemma... see you at niche baby... be there on sunday xxx

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Really beautiful, you do such beautiful things girlfriend. And little Edie is the piece de resistance! Love her.

CurlyPops said...

All of your creations are so beautiful. Good luck for the weekend, hope you sell out!

Jo said...

Sweet dresses, I am sure they will sell well.
If I was in Tassie I would come and buy a library bag for sure!! Are you putting any in your shop soon?

Fer said...

The dresses are gorgeous, and the stand looks great.

It was so good to finally meet you too. I've just put some photos up on Flickr if you're interested (and are free to use them too!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15943631@N02/3493400702/

JasperBoy said...

Hello Fer (above),

Thanks soooo much for the Flickr link. It was lovely to get to look at some pics so quickly.

Much appreciated from a mainlander who couldn't make it to Niche.

Jen in Melbourne

Sophie said...

Hey Gemma!

Hope you had a blast at Niche... I sure did! I am still in awe of your beautiful dresses (the last picture) ..better get me some little girls soon hey!!!

Take care and hopefully see you around sometime :o)

-Sophie
(That Vintage.)