Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Every coat has a silver lining


I finished it. Talk about staring up at you longingly from your desk ... for like AGES! The coat is made to a vintage coat pattern to go over a dress. The velvet is vintage - a much treasured find from the Esk Market last winter.
It was a very helpful tip from the lovely Shelley at Sew World that got me over the final lining hurdle that was growing bigger than need be in the crafting side of my brain. Now I'm putting the finishing touches on a vintage black velvet one and a red cotton velveteen number .... just in time for winter!
On the topic of Sew World ... apart from being the friendliest, most helpful sewing shop types ... they are also having a very amazing fabric sale bonanza as we speak - no joke 20 -30% off all fabrics in the shop (I'm talking everything -not just a ruse to get you in the shop to move those thanks but no thanks fabrics) and you can order on line - get amongst it! (Just letting you know I have no shares or family ties to the shop ... just a fabric obsession that I know is shared by some).

5 comments:

Tania said...

So THAT'S what you have been up to, squirrelled away with your sewing machine. And quite rightly so - it is be-au-ti-ful! Get cracking woman, and show us the red and black velvety numbers (and I'll be quiet and slightly less demanding and go check out Sew World. Because I love an alternative to the EVIL that is Spotlight. Oh, and there's that fabric obsession thing going).

Fer said...

Aw man, Sew World's having a sale? I HAVE to go there!!!! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

It's just stunnig - love the colours and the shape! So rewarding when sewing just works so well!!

D said...

Hi Missus,
I just posted a dream on my blog. It was about you.

Wanna read a funny and beautiful story that my subconscious made with you as the protagonist?

??

Sophie said...

Oh wow Gemma! That looks amazing... and I agree with Shel @ Sew World, top lady, top service!