Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dove with olive branch required - apply within


I am starting to feel a little like I should be building an ark and starting to gather up the neighbourhood pets in pairs. I have even let my mind wander as to which chook I would leave behind - or do I have to choose but one and find a rooster? It's not that I don't love rain ... it's just that there has been an awful lot of it... and each time the drops fall Dunc says "If only we had a rain tank - it would be full by now" - which can get a little repetitive when it has rained for close on 40 days and nights down here ... I love rain - but the cheeky, beaut, spring, sunny day yesterday, when I got out in my garden and weeded and planted reminded me that a little variation in weather can lift the soul ... anyways Brown Owls tonight ... can wait to bind me book with Isis. Local? Interested? Just rock up ... all details here - don't be shy ... we are all friendly craft nerds (if I can speak for myself as well as others hmm...)

7 comments:

Mrs Smith said...

f me G-Star! when is it going to stop. I love your biblical referencing here. Very nice work.

Jo said...

Hey there, found your blog today - I think I have seen your tiny sweet girls' dresses at The Ruby Pear and on several small girls I know...and I have absolutely had the same thoughts about Noah's Ark..weather of truly biblical proportions. I had heard of Brown Owl from a friend - sounds lovely, but I am allergic to craft. All I can do is darn socks very amateurishly...

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

" The rain it raineth every day " ? ( Is that from a song ? ) Anyway , I can see that after a while the novelty wears off. Still , at least Spring's on the way ....we've got snow , darkness and ice to look forward to . Sigh .

Raewyn said...

I too think the rain is getting too clingy, time for the 'talk' I think! The sun is rather nice, but not when you are too sick to leave the couch, whinge, whinge...hope Brown Owls was awesome x

Fer said...

I think we're all feeling rather waterlogged!

I do like your Ark, and Brown Owls last night was great!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to what you are saying about the rain I know we need it but enough is enough surely!!! It's usually summer I long for a change in weather hoping for rain but I don't think I have ever had to wish for the rain to stop!!!

Gillian Marsden said...

. . . mmm thinking about that wondergardenscramble of yours . . .

it feels so odd to be missing this return of the Launceston rain proportions of my childhood . . .

hope all well with you and yours -
would be so great to step into a cafe and bump into you!

xx