Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sewing Inferno

It's a flurry of sewing activity around these parts. I've commandeered the kitchen table. My brain has become a hive of haberdashery activity. I am in a constant state of couture planning and implementing. This one calles me the 'House of Burns' (for couture, please press one). As explanantion, I blatently relocated her copy of this fine book... and well it seems me likey alot in there. So I thought I'd test out the wrap skirt with a jolly old sheet I'd picked up at the local oppie. Here is me in my pensive pose, honed from my days as a swimsuit model for Sports Illustrated (you can see me here)* I wasn't kidding about taking over the kitchen table. And the skirt ... I love it ... because 'House of Burns' says this season is the 'Summer of the jolly frock and skirt' ... oh, and yellow shoes (where do I get me some yellow shoes?) And here is the hat for the wee girl. I pulled out all the heavy weight fabric and asked her to choose. Whilst I wasn't backing this pink number (I'm not a real pink person)... the girl's eye clearly is a good one ... she choose to line the vintage pink extravaganza with a lilac drill. Ripper, no?


The hat itself, it's very snug. She is nonetheless thrilled with it. It doesn't blow off in the wind, tick! Shall see how we go with the adult size hat - but this size is perfecto for the wee lads. As for Sew La Tea Do ... I'm getting me a copy. One shouldn't push good friendships. Plus, she can crochet hexagons ... and I'm still on the granny square...


*Tell me you didn't really click on that link?

8 comments:

Recycled Relix said...

Ha I waited till I got to the bottom to click the link! So passed when I realised it was only Elle!! Nice pics Gemma .... I see one of those cute chairs sneeking its way in.

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oh beautiful work! I love the skirt & the hat, gorgeous! I found me some pretty yellow ballet flats at the op shop..

Esther said...

Love the skirt and material. I'm loving me a bit of a frock and skirt. Lately it's all I wear.Is it Spring that makes me feel girly?

I've been doing a bit of sewing too which I haven't done for ages. But neccessity called and some vintage togs were the result.

Mrs Smith said...

I've seen your grade 10 deportment shots -you really could've body-doubled for the body. Hot! Keep the book for a while sista, I'm too obsessed with hexagons to enter the couture world just yet.

You made magic with that sheet, you know that don't you.

Isis said...

of course i clicked it :) hehe. is that book really that good?

Fer said...

There's no stopping you now! Love the skirt (and are very jealous that you can look that good after having twins!!)

Tania said...

I didn't click on that link, but I sure as heck am going to now. Tentatively. Er, not that you don't look glorious in a sheet skirt.

kelly said...

Nice work! I love the hat, I really need to be brave and make one for my daughter.
I saw some lovely yellow 'Saltwater sandals' the other day.