Saturday, February 11, 2012

Harvested

I have had this day marked on my calendar as 'unmissable'; the opening of Launceston's Farmer's Market, Harvest.  I've been keen as locally produced organic mustard. Well before this day dawned, plans were laid to get moving early; load up those smalls in the prams and walk in.  Loz was in too.  I move with precision when food is involved.  When it is time, noone even notices they are fed, dressed and in a pram with a bag of supplies packed, until we are walking out the front gate. I am a veritable market ninja. We have just returned and feel all warm and loved up and so full of food joy that I feel like lighting a cigarette and asking, 'how was it for you?', because for me it was wonderful.  We saw friends.  We ate pancakes.  We bought the goods. Today I'm the gal who brings home bacon.  I'm the buffalo (cheese) girl who went around the outside.  I'm home. But I'm so Arnie, I'll be back.  Put it on your calendar. Every Saturday 9-1pm, Cimitiere Street Carpark. Here's to bums that look like this because they've loaded up local. 

4 comments:

Fer said...

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check it out next Saturday. :-)

Isis said...

hahaha you may make us wait forever for your posts, but when you do it, they are gold.

eve and the apple tree said...

Excellent! I was hoping that it was worth going to, we'll have to check it out in April. Miss you Gemstar, need to crack that Tanqueray with G the minute we come home xxx

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I love markets ... any sort . But the very best food ones are definitely those where the stall holders all really enjoy eating what they sell .