Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chilly

To say it was a little on the fresh side this morning was true. Positively frosty. A little chilly around the nipples. Positively high beam. But beauty can be found in the most unlikely of places. On venturing outside to the bin, Dunc insisted I join him (a hot date, don't be late?) ... to see the car roof shrouded in a wallpaper-like ice design. I have no idea how Jack Frost pulled that one off ... but it was a stroke of sub-zero graphic design genius. Just so beautiful!

... and as if to remind myself that frosty mornings deliver the most spectacular of sunny wintry days - this bicycle was pulled up outside the cafe where I warmed myself with conversation and coffee. What a perfect start to a Tuesday.

4 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That bike belongs to someone who has her Christmas presents bought , wrapped and gift-tagged in April and her Halloween lantern carved in August .
I wonder what she's got planned for September ?

Mrs Smith said...

I have one word for you Burns ... Postcard!

Killiecrankie Farm said...

Now that is speccie ice - the mind boggles !
can't imagine the aerodynamics of a pumpkin laden bike though - maybe reistance training ?

red bamboo said...

And here I thought my 5 inch long icicle hanging from the end of my garden hose was pretty spiffy! No competition I'm afraid!