Monday, July 12, 2010

Big Enough


Just now it sunk in. As I watched my wee girl strain on her tippy toes and artfully open the pantry door ... it occurred to me ... she can reach. I am sure it is not a today thing. I am sure she's done it before. But today was the first time I really acknowledged it; let it ooze into the gaps of a foggy mind...she is big enough to reach. So amidst waves of nostalgia for the little (and clearly shorter) baby she was, I retrieved the requested 'corn biccies' and watched her dance of into our front room. Her achievements are beginning to become the milestones by which I mark time and marvel at how fast it seems to pass.
Now for a little rearranging - because explaining why munching out on raw potatoes* is not really a goer is clearly going to lose its shine... as will be the conversation that the hundreds and thousands in Mum's cooking container are not for inhaling...
*Mental note ... must remember to feed small!

4 comments:

Fer said...

he he he... We share similar style pantries, and if my wee girl gets close enough the lower cupboards are opened in a jiff.

Those little milestones are so very precious.

willywagtail said...

Goodness! I wonder if inhaling 100s and 1000s helps improve the taste. Sad that they have to grow but it is also great that you are documenting your feelings so that she can look back and wonder too when she is older. Cherrie

Black Eyed Susie said...

I'm impressed that you're able to notice at the mo, nevermind remember to keep the food up to everyone. You're doing brilliantly! And I love that cupboard.

Tania said...

Have you been by Gina's? Clutterpunk Gina? Take a speedy look at that flour photo and take heed...

http://clutterpunk.blogspot.com/2010/07/decluttering-groceries-2010-slow-food.html