Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tall





Long afternoon shadows on our walk home from town. Cries of "Look Mama, I'm tall!" as we played with the shapes cast by the sun. The air filled with winter chill, but warmed by the gorgeous sun - out in full force today. I love winters here. I love being out walking again. The boys sleep peacefully in the pram and the girl and I get to play ... except when I have to coax her home. This was the end to a wonderful day.... a wonderful day, well, because I got coifed.

With the regrowth of a forest, post bushfire and more roots than a panda - I decided that newborns or no newborns - it was time to get me to a hairdresser. After 8 months - there ceases to be a way in which to part your hair, or put it up that hides either white hair or regrowth. I am notoriously bad at putting my hair down the list of important things to attend to ... but when your own reflection is scaring you ... hmm...
So now I am sporting a do that enables me to 'flick, flick, whatever' if, perchance, the moment called for it.
Oh and as a curious aside ... My hairdresser was a former member of the band 'Kids in the Kitchen'. And for a girl of my vintage ... that counts as a rockstar moment - take 'em when you can.

6 comments:

BOB & MABEL said...

I have an appointment next week because my hair is also past the put it up to hide the regrowth stage. Its hats for me at the moment.
Rock star moment, absolutely! I loved Kids in the Kitchen.

Anna Bartlett said...

kids in the kitchen was the first live concert i went to here in Toowoomba MANY moons ago. Saw Scott Carne on Spicks and Specks which was great - go on - tell us who did your hair!

willywagtail said...

Woot Woo!!! for the hairdoo!! I always get so desperate I have a go myself. Bad, bad. Your daughter looks sweet and innocent, learning from playing. Cherrie

Unknown said...

I used to love those shadows..it was one way to see how you'd look if you were tall and skinny!

Isis said...

thanks for coming to the exhibition opening Gemma!

Fer said...

Yay! Looking forward to seeing the new do!